Sunday, September 27, 2009

Reflection

My reading habits aren’t the best in the world. Reading doesn’t really interest me very much. It’s not a good habit to have when in our society people are praised more on there reading skills and are considered to be smarter or more intelligent. When I pick up a book it is usually not by choice. It is usually because I have to read for school. When I start a book it is hard for me to continuously keep reading or remembering to read a little each day. I usually start to fall behind and aren’t where I’m supposed to be with the rest of the class.

If I had to say what my strengths were in reading are when I do read I usually understand something the first time read it. I don’t have to go back over and re-read what I read the first time. It is hard for me to find something that interests me; usually books I’m interested in are sports books.

The people that I know that love to read are my dad and my sister. They can sit there all day long and read a book. My sister and dad read the whole Twilight series in four days. When they finish a book the first thing they do is find a new one. I did grow up in a house where I was told to read my parents used to buy me books and told me to read them, but I just could never find the motivation to read them or get into them. I know it’s not good to not read, but that’s just how I am.

2 comments:

  1. The reflection that you have created makes a lot of sense. Like you, my parents told me that I should read a book. But I always was busy or in school. When I entered college I thought that it was going to be easy and not hard. Reading can also be easy because if you use your imagination, and pretend you are watching a movie and it becomes easier to read and fun. Reading can also help discover new words and can make a person smarter and can improve people’s writing and reading. So reading can be interesting and fun in and a reader many ways and one can learn many things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand your lack of interest in reading, you are not alone I been this way since I was forced to read. We both know it’s an important tool that’s required in college and without it there is no chance for us to continue. Don’t let your require in reading stop you from completing your college education.

    ReplyDelete